Thursday, August 5, 2010

#40

I am really excited!
Proposition 8 has been overturned and ruled as a violation to the Constitution.
This is only one battle of the huge war, but it's one battle won.

I don't like how they have to ban gay marriage because it really is dictating how other people can live their lives. Plus, these were other US citizens who voted for this.
Why must there be a vote on peoples' marriages?
That's not really making me try to understand that it's not just intolerance, but it's also just peoples' beliefs and I do understand that, but the annoyance usually comes first.
I just don't like how they go about it. I wouldn't be as upset as if they just said that they believed being gay was wrong. I am sort of okay with that, but I would have a lot more respect and understanding if it was just that. But in saying that, there's no hatred, violence, judging, prejudice, or even intolerance. It's just the personal belief of a person.
But I still don't think that everybody who voted for Prop 8 just believed marriage was between a man and a woman. I'm sure there was intolerance.

No comments: