Sunday, August 24, 2008

First blog!

Hey everybody. My name is Braden. My birthday is October 7th. My dad is Head coach of Berea College's men's basketball team, my mom is a part-time Health teacher at EKU, my brother is a 2008 graduate of Berea High School and is now officially a student at UK, and my cat Butter is the usual lazy, in-and-out, hungry, thirsty, precious kitty. I love him though.

I am a liberal democratic (I hate war when it's unnecessary such as the current one in Iraq) treehugging (Lekey!) bookwormy hippie vampire! *shows teeth* Grr. LOL!

I am a freshman in high school. High school is very different from middle school. I like high school. I feel more mature and grown-up. The classes are more fast-paced than the classes in middle school. In middle school, we learned one thing for a week. In high school, we learn lots of things in a week and take notes to record those things so that we don't forget them and use them to study for exams. Plus, there's a lot more homework, but it's been easy, but it'll get more challenging.

I'm on the High School Academic Team (which whenever someone wants to say something we have to introduce and re-introduce ourselves and then the others respond, "Hi [enter speaker's name]!" with an extended arm wave. When we're done, everyone else claps. LOL!) I also play clarinet for the high school band. It's fun.

Twilight is my current favorite thing ever right now. Books, upcoming movie (which was changed from December 12th to November 21st!!!). I was so happy when I found out. I told a million people. There was bad news too. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was changed from November 21st to July 17th due to box office reasons (*sob*), but I can wait. It adds the suspense. Now people are whining, crying, and are planning to boycott every other movie because this happened. Some people can be retarded and think it's the end of the world. Which it's not. Grr. I have school and Twilight to keep me busy.

I am in the process of writing a short story/novel. It's inspired from Twilight, but I am really trying hard to make it as different as possible. I have had two of my best friends Autumn and Laura reading it chapter by chapter and they both love it. It is possible I might publish it locally, or just publish one copy for moi'. ;D

So basically, I'm a nerd, dork, geek, whatever you want to call me. I also like some sports. Like gymnastics, tennis, and bowling. I have a muscular build though. I played basketball and baseball when I was growing up, but I've lost my interest for them. I've moved on. My whole family (including me) are all former basketball players (except Dad and Butter.)

No comments: